Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Almost 3 months later...

Here I am. My initial goal upon Zachary's birth was to simply survive the first three months. I didn't know exactly what to expect but I knew it was going to be hard. It was, at times. But definitely manageable, as long as I keep reminding myself, "This too shall pass." My memory is a bit of a blur - How did these three months pass? Our friend Sue predicted that Alan would start to sprout teeth at 17 months (he only had 4 teeth for the longest time!) and sure enough, he's sprouted teeth for 3 months straight. Too bad it just happened to coincide with Zach's first 3 months of life. Alan has a lot of teeth now and for the last few days, he's been teething again - I think it's his eye teeth this time - he's been so grumpy and everything has been going into his mouth. How did I manage 2 babies? At first I wasn't sure how I would do it - the first few days without my mom around and Jeremiah at work were definitely faced with much trepidation - but I survived and so did the kids ;) We've even managed to get out of the house sometimes, although not nearly as often or for nearly as long as when it was just Alan. I still need to buy a good double stroller. Zachary is so stimulated when we're on the go. He doesn't sleep well when we're out and about and he doesn't like his car seat. Alan was much more portable at his age but all well... I think it's a sign of Zach's intelligence. He seems so interested in the world and what's going on. He loves to play with his toys and suck on his hands. Still doesn't care too much for the binkie. At least he's sleeping well through the night. 5 hours at a stretch most nights - which is wonderful for mommy since he often doesn't like to sleep when Alan is taking his nap and thus mommy can't sleep either. I've even done quite a bit of scrapbooking in the last few months and kept up with this blog. Zach does pretty good at Archivers while I'm scrapping. I think it must seem quiet there - Alan isn't anywhere around ;) I'm enjoying being the mother of two little boys. They're adorable and they make me smile. It's worth it. Although I feel like my life is not my own and it's so hard just to get a little time for myself and for God - it's worth it! And I know this season will not last long and before I know it, I'll have two big boys. 3 months have already past (yippee and kind of sad...). Time flies when you're sleep deprived and never getting everything done that needs to be done. At least we're functional and somewhat adjusted. The house gets clean almost once every week and diddo for the laundry. Now if I can only get out there and get together with some of the my other mommy friends and meet some new people who really love the Lord... That would really help. I wonder what the next three months have in store for us. I went shopping today for a little suit for Alan to wear to Naomi and Kevin's wedding - he's going to be the ring bearer. I hope he behaves.

1 comment:

Diana Duke said...

It's so refreshing to hear someone else with the ups and downs of two young kids. Congrats on making it through the first three months, and with your sanity still in tact!