Friday, January 9, 2009

About resolutions...

I've been slowly resolving, revolving around different ideas, desires, words and goals for this year. In all the doing and doing I get so easily caught up in, I am learning to slow down, to rest, to come to Him.
Matthew 11:28-29
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
(Be done with the striving in the flesh and the self doubt - simply come to Him and trust)
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
(Could it be that a restful heart, a restful atmosphere, a quiet being is one of the greatest joys of loving, healthy relationships? When my relationship with God is healthy and loving, my heart is at rest. I am not beating myself up or being beat upon - I am trusting in love and resting in His arms. My heart is quiet, still before Him. He is gentle with us, especially with those who have young children. What a comfort!)

Some goals, in no particular order:
1. Consistent, daily mindfulness of God and communion with Him. Seeking daily clarity and vision in His presence.
2. Maintaining a hospitable home so that friends and strangers will always feel welcome and so that we as a family feel at rest in our home.
3. Improved nutrition and menus. Eating at home more, planning a weekly menu.
4. Workout on a consistent basis
5. 365 Scrapbook project - taking a picture a day, blogging about it and then putting it all together in an album.
6. Pay off all of our credit card debt this year.
7. Quarterly retreats with my husband to refocus and spend quality time in prayer and fellowship with each other.
8. Move to a new home in May/June

No comments: