Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Moving

We're moving on Thursday.
I'm going to miss a few things about our apartment in Marcy Village. I never would have guessed that we would live here for four years. We moved here when I was at the beginning of my pregnancy with Alan. Then, we switched apartments and moved into our courtyard when Alan was 5 months old. Now, we're moving and I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant.
We're moving to a 3 bedroom duplex that our friends own. It will give us more space and feel more like a home. The best thing is we'll have our own washer and dryer in the basement and won't have to pay to do laundry anymore!
I'm going to miss our courtyard though - our neighbors - Libby and Rupert, who live downstairs from us, Catherine - the animal lover who feeds our squirrels corn and takes care of all the feral cats that live in the carports. We're going to miss Beth, the dog walker who always wears Pooh Bear clothes and gives us treasures from the dumpsters. We'll miss Ms. Lee, the little old lady who has lived here for at least half a century and gets her daily walk when she takes her trash out.
We're going to miss the big gnarly tree that grows in the courtyard - the one Alan first pulled himself up on when he was just learning to walk in October of 2006 and explored with such awe. We're going to miss setting out our blankets under the apple trees for an impromptu picnic. We'll miss cookouts on the front stoop and blowing bubbles here and painting with water and sidewalk chalk. I've spent a lot of time hanging out with my boys in this courtyard.
We'll miss the location we have here, so close to the church and Broad Ripple. Convenient to downtown, the zoo and the children's museum. We'll be farther away from my friend Sarah and her boys Zion and Simeon. I'll have to get used to shopping at different stores. Our Marsh and Aldi's, Target and the Glendale library will all be much farther away. Although we'll still be in this area a lot since our church is over here.

I am looking forward to so many things about our new house and our new neighborhood. I am excited about what God has in store for us but I wanted to take the moment to record the things I've loved about this home and thank God for the time and the memories that we have made here.

No comments: