Sunday, July 15, 2007

Forming New Habits

There are so many new habits that I would like to have in my life. Housecleaning habits (like www.flylady.com), personal habits (like actually flossing every night and going to bed on time), and spiritual habits (prayer and bible reading with a lot more consistancy). I've heard though that it's best to form just one new habit at a time. If you try to do everything all at once, it's overwhelming and too hard. God has been teaching me a lot about prayer lately - the power and the privilege of prayer. It's awesome that we can actually influence almighty God with our prayers. That God has put this amazing responsibility in our hands and He is waiting for our prayers. He is looking for a person of faith who prays. I want to be that person. So, I'm forming a new habit of prayerfullness and I'm going to renew my morning devotional time with the Lord. In order to do this I'm going to move my bed time up an hour from 11pm to 10pm (if Zach allows) and I'm going to wake up at 7am instead of 8am. This is going to be my habit focus for the month and I'm going to try not to beat myself up about the other stuff that I'm not getting done :) Prayer is the most important habit to form after all.

No comments: