Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seeking Balance, Order and Discipline

I was so blessed to tonight when I read this blog entry written by another mom in the same stage of life as I am with two small little ones.
Tonight my mom was helping me fold the laundry as I quickly rushed around to pick up the house. She asked, "I'm confused. Which day do you do laundry again?" I answered briskly, "I'm not sure right now. I'm still trying to figure out." Her comment reminded me of the neatly made schedule I had created for my life that says laundry days are on Monday. (We use coin laundry machines down in the basement, so I usually do all my laundry on one day each week.) Today was Wednesday and I was just getting to it. Sigh. I'm supposed to clean the house on Mondays too. Quite honestly, I can't remember exactly what we did on Monday but I didn't get much cleaning done, that is for sure!
I used to consider myself organized and tidy. Now I'm not so sure. I guess I'm reprioritizing and learning to value the time I spend on relationships - with my children, husband and friends - even if it means I don't get all the things done that I would like to get done.

No comments: