Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some Good Reads

Well, one month later and you may be wondering, what has Rose been up to and why is she neglecting her blog? I've been busy preparing for Christmas, making cards, scrapbooking, shopping, traveling for the holidays to visit my dad in Michigan, cleaning house, and doing a little reading.
1. The Shack. I actually read this book back in September but it made such a profound impact on my life that I have postponed actually writing about it until I could digest it all for a little while. This book may be offensive to some (it presents God as a black woman) but if you can get over that and a few questionable points of doctrine, I'm convinced that you will be deeply blessed by reading this book. I personally felt God drawing me and calling me to Himself, reawakening my love for Him and lifting from my shoulders a burdon of gift from self-doubt and self-shaming.
2. www.aholyexperience.com This is a blog I just recently discovered and it has become a great source of daily inspiration. I just love the pictures and the way she writes.
3. The Way to Pentecost by Samuel Chadwick. I'm reading the online version and have only just begun. Samuel Chadwick was president of the school where Leanard Ravenhill studied in England and his book seems to ring with the same fire and tone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful friend of mine! I just started reading the blog you mention, it's great! What can I say but great minds think alike. Miss you. Love you.