Monday, August 6, 2007

Scrapbooking - a small hobby

lol. I counted my pages today. In the last 2 1/2 years, I've scrapped 127 pages. Go Rose! What inspired the count? I got to spend a few hours scrapping today at Archivers. I love going to the workroom, having access to all the supplies, and cropping. It gives me joy, peace and a sense of accomplishment. I love to journal and I love photography so scrapbooking is the perfect hobby for me. Now if I could only figure out how to use all the stuff that I've got and stop buying more stuff! I probably have about $1,000 in scrapbooking stuff by now. At least $500. I don't know. I don't want to think about it. Jeremiah told me the other day that he wants to take up putting together model airplanes and cars as a hobby. I said that would take a lot of time. He told me that scrapbooking takes a lot of time too. He's right but I think scrapbooking has more of a lasting value. I think I'll buy him a model airplace kit and see whether he actually likes that hobby or not. Seems like it would take an awful lot of patience.

2 comments:

eB photography said...

i'm telling you... making up a book like those isn't cheap once you get into it, and isn't quick once the creative gears get going. our clients' album designs don't have any glue, cutouts, or handiwork and still seem to take me ages to get them tweaked how I'd like.

nice job on the books! photos and scrap booking are as good a combination as chocolate and coffee! to me anyhow, I've met a few people that didn't like coffee much. no worries. more for the coffee drinkers I guess.

eB

alpimage said...

Hi Rose
Just passing along some inspiration for Jeremiah.
Model RC cars, air version!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADldgFHvD4

Johan