Monday, July 28, 2008

Ordinary Things

Mondays for us are always refreshing - a day to clean and get back into the stride of our weekly routines. It's the start of a fresh week and feels so hopeful in so many ways. This week promises to be yet another busy one.
We're looking forward to Wednesday evening when we're going as a family to eat cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory for only $1.50 a slice!!! A fantastic price for a date, even if it will be with kids.
This Sunday coming up is Family Sunday at church. Jeremiah and I will be preaching together on JOY! It's going to be a great sermon - we're making a JOY box - Jesus, Other and You - what a wonderful way to spell joy. It's something that my children's pastors John and Shirley Tash used to do all the time. We always try to have a short, fun and interactive sermon on Family Sundays since the children are in the service with us. Afterward we'll be sharing a fiesta of Mexican food. Next month we're thinking of renting a pavilion at Broad Ripple Park and having the service and potluck there.
Today so far, I have spent some time with God (Yippee - I'm really growing in this area lately - finding more consistancy and more meaning in it - I'm just longing more and more for the presence of God in the midst of all the mundane details and jobs of my mothering life). I've cleaned up the kitchen and reminded myself that I really want to start getting the kitchen all cleaned up at night before I go to bed instead of in the morning. I think it would get my day off to a better start :) I was thinking about how far I've flown from FlyLady principles, following morning and evening routines and all. (If you want to know more about FlyLady check out the website - www.flylady.com ) Anyway, my main goal this week is to declutter -especially the toys!! And when Jeremiah gets home, he's taking to the boys out so I can get to it in a focused way. Organizing toys is a hopeless endeaver if the boys are trying to help :)
Alan watched Peep, a video we rented from the library about science at a preschool level - he really enjoys the shows. We ate lunch and then we went outside to blow bubbles and walk. It's not too hot today but it's humid.
What are you doing today?

No comments: