Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quiet

God: When will you calm yourself? There is so much that I have to say to you. So much to show you. But you are so busy. Busy with tasks that never end, one after the other, always pressing. But you have one life to live – how will you live it? Will you live in My presence? Will you make My habitation your habitation? Will you be in Me?

Me: God, I don't know how. I don't know how to rest. It is so hard for me. I long for you but my mind is so easily drawn in so many directions. I am so easily distracted from You and the quietness that You call me too. I am too easily drawn away. I want You. I want to know You more. Help me to rest. Help me to quiet my soul before You so that I can hear You – the gentle whisper of You. The silent nudging of Your Spirit. Fill me. Fill us. Show us what doesn't matter. Help us to live for what matters most, to silence the desires for other things that have no lasting value. Open our eyes to the deception of this world and all the idols that it offers. Cleanse me Lord. Make me free. Free to quiet and worship You. Free to come before You and rest in You.

No comments: